Sierra Vista Junior High | Sierra Vista Life, 10-28-2016: Student Shoutouts, Dance Video Competition, Halloween Rules
Sierra Vista Life for Friday, Oct. 28, 2016
Daily show brought to you by Sierra Vista Life, the digital journalism class at Sierra Vista Junior High School in Canyon Country.
TODAY AT SIERRA VISTA
GOOSEBUMPS ON MONDAY- Looking for a scary book to read for Halloween? One that gives you goosebumps? Stop by the library Monday, October 31st during lunch. We’ll be showing an episode from the Goosebump TV series called Attack of the Jack-O’-Lanterns.
Calling all Safe School Ambassador members: we will be having our first SSA meeting next Wednesday, November 2, at lunch in the MPR. Please join us so we can further your training with some games and discussions. Make sure to bring your lunch, and we can’t wait to see you there.
HALLOWEEN AT SIERRA VISTA – Here are the rules to keep everyone safe on Monday, 10/31:
1. No clown costumes or anything resembling clowns (no clown makeup, wigs, nose, etc.)
2. No masks may be worn. A mask may be brought to school for the costume contest at lunch and may be worn during the time of the contest only. Masks worn at any other time will be confiscated.
3. All costume clothing must conform to the dress code.
4. Flip-flop sandals and appropriate pajamas may be worn as part of a costume.
5. No spikes, chains, or ropes may be brought to school.
6. If you choose to dress in a sports theme, no baseball bats, hockey sticks, golf clubs, etc. may be brought to school. Also, no cleats may be worn.
7. No weapons of any kind, real or fake.
8. Make-up, hair dye, and hats are permitted, as long as it is not dangerous or disruptive.
9. Finally: No costume may be worn that will prevent you from learning and fully participating in the day’s activities.
COSTUME CONTEST MONDAY – The Halloween Costume Contest is coming up and ASB wants you to be part of this spooktacular event. You will be able to sign up at brunch this Thrusday and at Club Rush, which is Friday at lunch. Hope to see you there!
Attention students that raised $240 or more for the Step It Up fundraiser: you earned the party bus trip to In and Out Burger which is on Monday, November 11/14! You should have received the permission slip for this trip from your “A” period teacher. Please turn in your completed permission slip to the ASB window by the end of the day on Friday, October 28th. Please see Mrs. Terranova in room 1002 if you have any questions.
Today in clubs and activities the Dance club will be meeting in room 1002 after school.